Captures - Edition 0
Welcome to the first edition of our newsletter! As the tech world continues to evolve at a rapid pace, we're here to keep you updated with the latest releases, updates, and exciting developments. From new versions of popular frameworks to significant updates in programming languages and tools, we have a abundance of information ready to be shared with you. So grab a cup of coffee and let's dive into the world of tech!
Next.js Version 13.4 Released
- The latest release of Next.js introduces the stable release of the App Router feature. This update brings simplified Data Fetching and Built-in SEO Support, among other enhancements.
- Read the blog post for more info : nextjs.org/blog/next-13-4
Python 3.12.0’s first beta released. Additions include:
- New type hint features including Override Decorator for Static Typing and TypedDict for more precise **kwargs typing.
- Syntactic formalization of f-strings. Expression components inside f-strings can now be any valid Python expression including backslashes, unicode escaped sequences, multi-line expressions and comments.
- Read more info here : docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.12.html
Typescript 5.1 released, Changes include:
- Allowing undefined-returning functions to have no return statement.
- Unrelated types for getters and setters (previously the type in the getter method had to be a subset of the types in the setter method).
- Typescript now supports namespaced attribute names when using JSX.
Github dumps java-based elasticsearch code search engine for Rust-powered Blackbird
- Promises faster, more comprehensive explorations of software repositories.
- Blackbird can manage up to 640 queries per second, compared to 0.01 queries per second for ripgrep, and can index at a rate of about 120,000 documents per second.
- Read more at: github.blog/changelog/2023-05-08-the-new-code-search-and-code-view-is-now-generally-available
Git version 2.41 released. Release change includes:
- Improved handling of unreachable objects
- On-disk reverse indexes by default, allowing for faster computation, pushes and cleanup
- Read more here : github.blog/2023-06-01-highlights-from-git-2-41/
NodeJS 14.x reaches official end-of-life
Other Frameworks with new versions :
- Vue version 3.3 released : blog.vuejs.org/posts/vue-3-3
- Angular version 16.0 released : blog.angular.io/angular-v16-is-here-4d7a28ec680d
Vercel has announced new platform data storage solutions :
- Vercel-KV (Redis) : vercel.com/changelog/vercel-kv
- Vercel-Postgres : vercel.com/changelog/vercel-postgres
- Vercel-Blob (File storage) : vercel.com/changelog/vercel-blob
- Vercel-KV and Vercel-Postgres are available for Hobby and Pro users during the public beta.
- Google Android IO updates : blog.google/products/android/android-updates-io-2023/
Δ λ (Changes in Lambda)
Coordinators Heads for 2023-24 term:
As we embark on a new academic year, it is with great pleasure that we announce the heads for the 2023-24 term.